Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Palumbo

Palumbo
Homicide detective Paul Palumbo always knew from the outset of his investigation who the culprit was. All that was left for him to do was to intimidate his suspects until they incriminated themselves.

(Doctor Spock's office.)

Palumbo: Doctor Spock?

Spock: Yes, Detective, what can I do for you?

Palumbo: Oh, I thought you might like to know about our progress in the case of your late nurse.

Spock: Nurse Radcliffe? Yes, I already heard that it was an accident. Poor dear. Strangled herself on a hose.

Palumbo: Yes, that's what we thought at first. But one of the other nurses said she heard a man's voice uttering death threats as she passed by the supply room at the victim's time of death.

Spock: Oh? Which nurse is that?

Palumbo: Nurse Graham.

Spock: Well, you better look into that, Detective.

Palumbo: Yes, Doctor. That's what I'm going to do right now.

(The doorstep of Spock's home, the next morning. Palumbo is about to knock as the door swings open.)

Spock: (startled) Detective! I didn't expect to find you out here.

Palumbo: I thought you'd like to know what we learned from Nurse Graham last night.

Spock: Yes, do fill me in.

Palumbo: Well you see, I can't do that, sir. Nurse Graham is dead.

Spock: Good heavens! How did it happen?

Palumbo: It looks like she fell down the wrong way with a scalpel in her hand.

Spock: How horrible. If only I hadn't gone golfing, maybe I could have prevented it.

Palumbo: You were golfing at the time?

Spock: Yes, here is my scorecard right here.

Palumbo: (scratching his head) Then I guess Nurse Ryan was wrong.

Spock: Nurse Ryan?

Palumbo: Yes, Doctor. Nurse Ryan said she saw you with blood all over your golf shirt, running for your car, as she pulled into the hospital parking lot at around the time of the accident.

Spock: Are you trying to insinuate something, Detective?

Palumbo: No, no, sir! I would never do that!

Spock: Then if you're through hassling me, I have work to do.

Palumbo: And so do I. Sorry if I've disturbed you, Doctor.

(The hospital crematorium. The Doctor is about to dispose of a deceased patient.)

Palumbo: Doc?

Spock: Yes, what is it now, Detective.

Palumbo: Have you seen Nurse Ryan anywhere?

Spock: No, I haven't, Detective.

Palumbo: What about that corpse you're about to push into that oven?

Spock: Who? This? Detective, you just do your job and I'll do mine.

  
More Scripts Statements Songs
© 2007, 2015. Scripts by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment