Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Betsy Beech: Time Is Money

Betsy Beech: Time Is Money
Tonight on Betsy Beech, Betsy helps a bank customer with a difficult transaction.

(Betsy's workplace, a bank. On duty as a teller, she invites the next customer in line to her booth.)

Beech: How can I help you?

Customer: (tensely) I need to make a withdrawal.

Beech: Are you sure about that?

Customer: Yes.

Beech: What kind of an account do you hold?

Customer: Savings.

Beech: Why did you put your money in a savings account if you can't keep it there?

Customer: I changed my mind.

Beech: How unstable of you. How much do you need?

Customer: (muttering) Four dollars.

Beech: I'm sorry, could you say that louder?

Customer: (louder) Four dollars!

Beech: (attracting attention) Four dollars? Four dollars? You needed to come all the way to the bank just to take out four dollars? Let me see how much you have in there. Oh, look at that! You still have twenty-three cents left over! And I thought you were a bum!

Customer: Please, just let me have my money.

Beech: Sure, sure. Do you want that in dollar bills or in quarters?

Customer: Bills please.

Beech: (Sniffing in disgust) Are you sure? Bills don't work in the coin laundry.

Customer: Look, just forget it. I have my pride, you know. (To himself on the way out) What a bitch!

(Enter manager.)

Manager: Nice work, Beech. Maybe it's time we promoted you to the loans department.

Time is money on the fabulous new hit show, Betsy Beech, tonight.

  
More Scripts Statements Songs
© 2007, 2015. Scripts by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment