Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Denial

Denial
There's fulfillment, spared the greedy dawn
That keeps falsehoods misleading on
And enjoyment behind closed eyes
When you can't get your hands on it otherwise

You've got a lot you're reluctant to give out
Building deep inside
But at night the life you want to live out
Pushes those floodgates wide
This installment of a see-through show
Brought by what you refuse to know
For the moment, it will compromise
To forestall your uncertainty's demise

You like to guess what my hope's leaning onto
Tag my every stride
Through the mess that I've yet to fall into
With my heart as my guide

No deterrent from a doubtful source
Only let freedom run its course
If it weren't for the shallow sky
There'd be only a drop left to vilify

Casting illusion, putting on your best
Never seen a monster so immaculately dressed
See your would-be flatterers carefully waylaid
Taken in by pleasing pose, fatally betrayed

There's a payment at the other end
Of hills too steep to condescend
To the pavement are the last confined
All the more determined to lag behind

Who wants to gain from a grim expedition
With the utmost ease
Until the last of a meager volition
Dissipates in the breeze?

You won't be waiting to confer my bliss
But intend to toss me down into the abyss
Host of possibilities snatched from my control
Undismayed, I chip away at your denial

  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2015. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment