Friday, October 16, 2015

Agent Houdini

Agent Houdini
See the forces of good win out against overwhelming odds with the amazing Agent Garry Houdini. A former circus performer, Houdini's talent for escaping captivity was quickly noticed by an off duty spy, who put the magician to work, escaping for his country. Today our resourceful hero faces the arch fiend Crassus in a struggle for possession of a powerful nuclear reactor.

(A walk-in freezer. Breath is visible as Crassus and his henchmen mock their immobilized prisoner.)

Crassus: So, Agent Houdini, I turn my back from you for a second and you escape me. Well, not this time. Maybe as a frozen carcass, you will learn to stay put! (Rubbing his hands together) Well, we'd better get out of here before we catch a cold. (Exit Crassus and henchmen, with gloating laughter, locking Houdini inside.) I'd like to see you get out of this one!

(The next day at a sunny park, Crassus and his men visit an ice cream truck. Crassus pays the vendor and is startled when Houdini springs from the freezer.)

Houdini: Would you like chopped peanuts with that?

Crassus: Houdini! I thought you were dead!

Houdini: You're coming with me.

Crassus: I don't think so. (Houdini is easily captured and disarmed.) You are too frozen to reach for your gun.

(Somewhere in the Pacific, Houdini sits blindfolded and bound to a chair at the edge of the deck of Crassus's yacht.)

Crassus: Now then, Houdini, I'm quite sure that this will be our final correspondence. These waters are notoriously infested with sharks and barracudas. Even if you free yourself, you won't last for long. Push him overboard. (Looking at his watch) Look at the time! Better get home before our cars get towed. We'll take the chopper.

(The next day at the park, Crassus and his men stand by a wishing well.)

Crassus: Maybe this coin will buy me the global domination I've been pining for all my life. (His tossed coin lands with a splash and Houdini rises from the well, covered in sea weed, with red toothmarks showing through his torn clothing.) Houdini! I thought you were dead!

Houdini: Crassus, why won't you leave well enough alone?

Crassus: Seize him! (The brutes easily apprehend Houdini.) What does it take to kill you?

(A dungeon. Crassus bids farewell to his resilient adversary.)

Crassus: The entire floor of this cell is made of high explosives. As soon as we get outside, I will detonate them with this remote control device. And to make sure you don't try anything funny, you shall be unconscious. Knock him out! (Houdini is brought to the floor by a blow to the neck. Exit Crassus and henchmen.) Now I will be able to relax at my daughter's wedding.

(The next day at Crassus's daughter's wedding...)

Priest: Will the bearer of the bride's ring please come forward? (Houdini emerges from the elegantly dressed congregation in shredded pants, covered from head to toe with soot.)

Houdini: (Cheerfully) Here I am. (Crassus's eyes bulge with bitter disapproval.)

Don't take your eyes off of Agent Houdini, Friday afternoons at 2:59 pm.

  
More Scripts Statements Songs
© 2007, 2015. Scripts by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment